Sunday, March 28, 2010

Swedish-Bordered Tea Towels


Today I finished weaving Swedish-inspired tea towels. These designs are clean and crisp and make me envision cosy kitchens, homemade whole-grain bread, open fires, live music and laughter.


The border pattern is derived from a simple 4-harness twill/diaper weave, colors, mostly blue, on a pure white background. I used 8/2 cotton sett at 20 ends per inch. I used an off-white (almost super-pale green) plain weave weft yarn with small soft slubs for absorbency.


I sell them for $13 apiece, or three for $35. They make great wedding gifts, or wrap a loaf of bread in one as a housewarming gift for a new neighbor.

1 comment:

  1. These Swedish-inspired tea towels are lovely. They can even be used as wedding accessories or gifts. Designs can even be personalized to suit the occasion.
    cufflinks

    ReplyDelete